remote shutter no port

camara 5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
my camera doesn't have any port for a remote shutter does anyone know if I can put a remote shutter cable into a hdmi or av out port.

Hard to say without knowing what camera brand and model you have. What does the manual say about remote shutter control.

Hard to say without knowing what camera brand and model you have. What does the manual say about remote shutter control.
it says to use a iphone but i don't have one and don't intend to get one and the camera is dmc-lx100 lumix

As far as I can tell either there should be an apple or android. If you don't have a smartphone or a tablet that'll run the app, the only other way I'm aware of is to use the built in timer.

I don't think HDMI or AV out are wired in a way that would enable a remote release to function.

The quick specs on that camera say it has WiFi and NFC. That means that the app on a phone will trigger the shutter using a connection to the camera over WiFi. The phone and camera have to be on the same WiFi network in order for that to work.

Should be an android equivalent app on the Play store that should work for you.

And weepete is correct, the HDMI and AV ports are outbound only and won't trigger the shutter.

Smartphone app only, from what I'm reading in the manual. There was reference to VIERA-compatible device on the HDMI port, but that looks like it's for controlling the camera using a TV remote, like browsing pictures to view them on the TV. but for remote shutter, it's an app.

See the link, also in your other post.

He's stated that he doesn't want to have a smartphone and doesn't want to get one just to trigger the camera.

Well, he said iPhone, but he could get either an iPhone or an Android phone, and there are Android phones out there a lot cheaper. Regardless, without one or the other sending him the links for the app isn't helping him, I don't think. Choices are:

Get a different camera that has some directly-connected remote release capability
Get a smartphone
Give up on remote shutter release

Doesn’t have to an activated phone, could be a used one, cheap. As long as it has WiFi and runs the app it will trigger the shutter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back