Removing background objects in PS Elements - aweseomeness

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I own and use Lightroom v4.4 and I'm learning it quite well (learned about how to use Black and other Color tools today from another thread)
But ...
I Just bought Photoshop Elements 12 today. Other than a PITA getting it installed - had to wait several hours for Adobe to receive the purchase info from BestBuy to get the SN to install it. BUT so far I'm loving the software.

This one photo I wanted to improve the background so you don't get the stuff sticking out from the car. Plus I have to modify license plates (I was using Windows Paint) and get rid of light poles, people, chairs, etc for other photos.

I removed part of the tree in the far left, a sign that you could see in the window, tree branches in upper right window, tree itself and trash can using the Clone Stamp Tool. Just fantastic and it didn't take too long after figuring out what tool to use.

$aDSC_2799 copy.jpg$aDSC_2799.jpg

:smileys: :love: :headbang: :cheers:

I guess DBJ got his d800 and I got my Photoshop Elements !!

First I thought I'm supposed to spot the difference :D

I think the beige line/reflection is still on the car (reflection from the original bin)

It is an amazing tool and not bad for your first try,

check out the tree in the corner as it now looks like the upper part is growing out of the building with no trunk

so far so good. the tree above the scoop is obvious right now (you can see the duplicate limbs, and now it's a floating tree), but you did a good job with the trash can.

this is a good exercise for you.

Better the trees to grow out of the building than the car ...

It's so easy to get rid of light poles, and reflections of light poles, and even entire buildings.

This hood had a building behind it
DSC_2928 by stevesklar, on Flickr

This has a person walking past the back area that I didn't see when taking the photo & other things .. there's still people in the windows, etc.
DSC_2838 by stevesklar, on Flickr

This had one of those scissor type raisers in the background in front of the building (they had speakers up there) but boy was it ugly. You can see the building windows lines all screwed but at least it's not there. yup, there's a person and portapoties still
DSC_2935 by stevesklar, on Flickr

I started understanding the particular technique of using that Clone Stamp tool. I never got a grip on the one tool in LR .. it just drove me batty all the time.
So on other edits I think it looks more natural. There's a few shots where I had to get rid of several people and furniture.
It can be time intensive in some of them but it definitely helps.

I gave up trying at car shows; probably the worse place to try to take car pictures.

$81206d1407127623-removing-background-objects-ps-elements-aweseomeness-adsc_2799-copy copy.jpg

Try recreating the building to cover the tree.

View attachment 81223

Try recreating the building to cover the tree.
Looks great. I thought of that but that was the first photo I tried. And I didn't quite have the "how does one use this" properly yet. I'm still learning how to use it and I improved on latter ones. But I had a ton of shots to go through and I cleaned up the big items. So all looks better.

I gave up trying at car shows; probably the worse place to try to take car pictures.

Definitely a problem.
I try to go early before the crowd shows up. But this started later in the day so it already had a crowd.
But I like cars ... it was fun walking around looking at stuff.

You would have liked the stripped down c7 corvette .. race ready with a NOS bottle in the back. slicks.
and the twin Daytona Ferraris

You would have liked the stripped down c7 corvette .. race ready with a NOS bottle in the back. slicks.
and the twin Daytona Ferraris

I'm crewing/photoing a 24hr Chumpcar race this weekend. Going to see all sorts of crazy $500 cars ;)

Going to see what I can do to actually stage/pose teams/cars/drivers.

Use the lasso tool to select the windows and place them in another layer to align, and adjust. You can also create the shape of areas and with the eyedropper to copy the color to fill the shape that you created with the lasso.

Use the lasso tool to select the windows and place them in another layer to align, and adjust. You can also create the shape of areas and with the eyedropper to copy the color to fill the shape that you created with the lasso.
If I only knew how to do that ... guess I'll read the User Guide which is where I found that Clone Stamp Tool

Thanks

Most reactions

Back