RenFaire Faces

duhast

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday (4-21-13) went to the RenFaire at Irwindale, CA. This was my first time at a large event with the new T3i, and my first time shooting a large event with anything other than a P&S for 40 years.

First, the excuses and observations. I went into this with the expectation of shooting Maunal. I quickly found out that I'm nowhere near being proficient enough with the T3i to pull that off. It seemed like fumble-finger city, so reluctantly, I switched to Auto. The milieu is extremely fluid, though at times people will see the camera and 'freeze' for you to get your shots. This was the case with Devil Mask and Forest Spirit. I had not gone with the intent of shooting head/shoulders shots, that's mostly what came out of it though...

All the images are cropped a bit, and yes, I know there are framing errors and some blown highlights in a couple. Also, I am very new to histograms, curves, etc, and probably know just enough to be dangerous, so I figure that probably some of my post is crap too. They are all resized from the camera's giant .jpg's, not the RAW files, in PS-6.

Attachments

• $The Watcher sm.jpg
    $The Watcher sm.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 62
  • $Devil mask sm.jpg
    $Devil mask sm.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 61
  • $Fairy sm.jpg
    $Fairy sm.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 56
  • $Forest spirit sm.jpg
    $Forest spirit sm.jpg