What's new

RenFaire Faces

duhast

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
240
Reaction score
39
Location
SoCal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday (4-21-13) went to the RenFaire at Irwindale, CA. This was my first time at a large event with the new T3i, and my first time shooting a large event with anything other than a P&S for 40 years.

First, the excuses and observations. I went into this with the expectation of shooting Maunal. I quickly found out that I'm nowhere near being proficient enough with the T3i to pull that off. It seemed like fumble-finger city, so reluctantly, I switched to Auto. The milieu is extremely fluid, though at times people will see the camera and 'freeze' for you to get your shots. This was the case with Devil Mask and Forest Spirit. I had not gone with the intent of shooting head/shoulders shots, that's mostly what came out of it though...

All the images are cropped a bit, and yes, I know there are framing errors and some blown highlights in a couple. Also, I am very new to histograms, curves, etc, and probably know just enough to be dangerous, so I figure that probably some of my post is crap too. They are all resized from the camera's giant .jpg's, not the RAW files, in PS-6.
 

Attachments

  • $The Watcher sm.webp
    $The Watcher sm.webp
    197.5 KB · Views: 87
  • $Devil mask sm.webp
    $Devil mask sm.webp
    150 KB · Views: 74
  • $Fairy sm.webp
    $Fairy sm.webp
    218.7 KB · Views: 70
  • $Forest spirit sm.webp
    $Forest spirit sm.webp
    359.5 KB · Views: 81
  • $Pikeman sm.webp
    $Pikeman sm.webp
    357.1 KB · Views: 60
  • $Spider Witch sm.webp
    $Spider Witch sm.webp
    282.2 KB · Views: 94

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom