Renting lenses from Adorama

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey. I will have another concert to shoot in about a month and I was thinking to rent two lenses from Adorama since I wont come up with the cash to pay for them. The thing is that I read on their site and a full replacement deposit has to be made. I am wondering if I have to pay for the whole lens because since I'm renting it I obviously don't have the cash to pay for it. I know one of the members works at Adorama, maybe she can clear things up for me.

Just about any place I've seen that rent lenses require the purchase cost as a deposit. This is handy for people who are evalutating expensive lenses for purchase, since many places will count your rental cost towards the purchase if you choose to buy it.
It kinda sucks for the lowly Joe who can't afford to buy the lens, but just wants to rent it for an event.

That is me, A high School Student with no money. If I had the money I would have to lenses.

They need the $ equivalent of the rental lenses to cover themselves. If you cannot meet those demands, they are not going to lend them to you, becuase what would happen, how would you pay for them if you dropped them or had someone steal them from you?

They will protect themselves, and if you cannot meet their needs, they won't lend. This is the same of all places, not just Adorama.

Ok I understood that you have to pay and I know I read that. And thanks for clearing up that all places do that. Guess I have to come up with $2000+ in a month :p.

Guess I have to come up with $2000+ in a month :p.

Why are you wasting time on here when you could be working overtime?! :lol:

...If I had the money to rent a lens, I would just buy it.

Why are you wasting time on here when you could be working overtime?! :lol:

...If I had the money to rent a lens, I would just buy it.
Yea that is why I was wondering why you have to pay a deposit. If I had the money the mods would be on me telling me to get rid of my gear list in the sig lol. And I am working 2 jobs and I still go to school :p

You just need a credit card with a limit of a little over $2000, if nothing happens to their lenses, you get the $2000 back on your CC and they keep the costs of lending.

(thinking about taking my parents credit card) lol. BTW on their FAQ says "... unless other arrangements are made in advance." Maybe they will understand I'm a High School student and can't come up with the cash for a deposit :D

Here's 10 bucks ...let me use your car for the night ...I promise I'll take care and fill the tank:lol:

you can't really blame them, especially with something as fragile as a camera lens

just a point but you might also try looking up local stores and seeing if they do rentals. If you get on well with your local photography shop you might have a chance their with a cheaper rental option - at least they know you won't do a runner (and if you do they know where you live ;))

the problem comes though if the worst does happen whilst your out with the lens - if it gets broken that is a lot of cars you have to wash to earn the money back!

Most reactions

Back