Rep Points--a question

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, as we have all noticed, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the number of rep points you get from any given person. I went to vBulletin's website, and they say the following:

All of the factors that affect a user's reputation score are found in the User Reputation section of the vBulletin Options. Please view that section of the manual for more information on controlling how users are able to affect another user's reputation.

I was hoping that Herr Chase (or anyone who has access) would be kind enough to have a quick looksee and find out if it really does tell you how the points work?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Thanks in advance.

Yeah and WTF is "has a spectacular aura about" supposed to mean huh?

It's another "All your base are belong to us" isn't it?

Rob

Rob said:
Yeah and WTF is "has a spectacular aura about" supposed to mean huh?

It's another "All your base are belong to us" isn't it?

Rob

Yea, you suck...I'm a jewel in the ruff :blushing:

I did learn that they can be changed, but who what's to be bothered to come up with that many cutesy pithy one-liners?

It depends on user status (i.e. Admin, Moderator, Member) and how many reputations points the user giving the reputation has. So, someone with only a few rep points gives less than someone with a lot of rep points. Admins give out more than moderators, etc. Does that make sense?

Alison said:
It depends on user status (i.e. Admin, Moderator, Member) and how many reputations points the user giving the reputation has. So, someone with only a few rep points gives less than someone with a lot of rep points. Admins give out more than moderators, etc. Does that make sense?

yup. Just wasn't sure if there were actual numbers associated...for instance, it seems that I have given rep that amounted to y, but upon giving the same person rep again (later on, not immediately), it was only X, and not z, as it should logicaly be...if that makes any kind of sense (imagine 30, 10, 40 respecitevly, and I think it makes more sense).

i got a gray rep, is that negative? i thought it was red=bad, green=good, so is gray neutral or something?

Grey means that the person who gave you rep, either has their rep disabled, has less than ten points or has less than 50 posts.

Jocose, The point system is based on:

You start with 10 points as a user.
You have 1 point of reputation power to start.
Every year that you are a member, you gain 1 point.
Every 1000 posts, you gain 1.
Every 100 rep points you have, you gain 1.

That's it in a nutshell.

Look at me, i'm in a nutshell.

hobbes28 said:
Grey means that the person who gave you rep, either has their rep disabled, has less than ten points or has less than 50 posts.

Jocose, The point system is based on:

You start with 10 points as a user.
You have 1 point of reputation power to start.
Every year that you are a member, you gain 1 point.
Every 1000 posts, you gain 1.
Every 100 rep points you have, you gain 1.

That's it in a nutshell.

Cool. Thanks dude!

oh... I didn't know that you get extra point for spamming :p

oh, I've a question too. I constantly get the "spread the love" message or the "you've given too much rep in last 24 hours" one...
so, what are the limits??? :confused:

Most reactions

Back