What's new

Replacing my broken wired (cheap) remote

poltek

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello

If anyone has experience with remotes please read on.

I bought a chap wired remote for my canon eos 400d but it one day just didn't work.

So I've been on ebay again and looking to buy something more expensive that will last. I notice a lot of infra-red ones there, however I looked at one and it didn't seem to have any option to have the shutter locked down, unlike my old one which I slid the button up and back down again when I wanted the cameras shutter to release. Very useful.

What are the advantages over wired/wireless?

Are there any manufacturers I should be looking at?


Kind regards.
 
If you want a quality remote that also has a good warranty, why not just get the Canon remote?
 
i saw the official canon one but it doesn't look like you can just leave the shutter held down..
 
most wireless remotes don't offer long ex (shutter lock down) there are a few out there, I remember seeing one or two but if you go IR they are mostly instant, 2 and 10 sec delay depending on your camera and remote. for the lock down sutter I use a cable release and also have a IR and radio release. think I paid some where around $100 for all three. the IR is the canon RC1 and the other two I got off brand from Amazon. I think the canon higher end remotes offer sutter lock down.
 
I may just go with a slightly higher quality wire one then because I'm not too fussed about a fancy IR one, especially when I know I'll have to replace the battery.

Thanks for your advice.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom