Representation

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The portion in red (which I highlighted) killed their hopes. :)
Maybe I should play along for a bit and lead them to FBI. :p

Shannon Art World Inc.
145 St. Mary's road,
Liverpool L100 JG,
UNITED KINGDOM
Email address: [email protected]

My Dear Alexander,

My name is Shannon Scott,I am an artist with my husband Martins Scott,We own Shannon Art World in London(United Kingdon) I live in London United Kingdom,with my two kids,four cats, one dog and the love of my life my husband (Martins Scott). It is definitely a full house, I have been doing artwork since I was a small child, that gives me about 25 years of experience I majored in art in high school and took a few college art courses, most of my work is done in either pencil or airbrush mixed with color pencils.

I have recently added designing and creating artwork on the computer, I have been selling my art for the last 3 years and have had my work featured on trading cards, prints and in magazines,I have sold in galleries and to private collectors from all around the world. I am always facing serious difficulties when it comes to selling my art works to Americans,they are always offering to pay with MONEY ORDER OR CASHER'S CHEUQES,which is difficult for me to cash here in London United Kingdom.

I am looking for a representative in the states who will be working for me as a partime worker and i will be willing to pay 10% for every transaction,which would'nt affect your present state of work,someone who would help me recieve payments from my customers in the states, i mean someone that is responsible and reliable,because the cost of coming to the state and getting payments is very expensive,i am working on setting up a branch in the state,so for now i need a representative in the united state who will be handling the payment aspect for our company.

These payments are in money order or casher's cheuqes and they would come to you in your name if you are willing to assist as a representative, so all you need to do is cash the money order, deduct your percentage and Western Union Charges then wire the rest back.

The problem i have is trust,but i have my way of getting anyone that gets away with our money,i mean the F.B.I branch in Washington gets involve It wouldnt cost you any amount,you are to receive payments which will be sent to you by fedex or ups from my business patners, which would come in form of a money order then u are to cash it and send the cash to me via Western Union or Money Gram.

NOTE:All charges will be deducted from the money so you are rest assured that you would'nt send a dime out of your personal money.

If you are interested,please get back to me by sending the following.

1.Full Name

2.Home Address

3.Mobile and Home Phone Number

4.0ccupation

5.Age

Get back as soon as possible via email at ([email protected])

Regards,

Shannon & Martins Scott.

NB:Endeavour to send your reply through my alternative e-mail address ([email protected])

there was a website I saw once... i think someone on this board actually mentioned it... (was it unimax...?) I can't remember... But on this site they listed all the internet/email scams and then actually posted the email conversations they would have while leading the scammers on... it was pretty funny reading. And amazing to see what lengths these scammers go to!

Read through this letter carefully. I should think the English language is taught better in England than any other country, wouldn't you agree?

Actually this sounds more like a money-laundering scheme. A friend of mine at work had an old boat listed on E-bay recently. The boat is worth crap at best. He hoped to get $300-400 US for it - mainly for the trailer. He got an offer from a woman in Germany for $300. If he would take her check for $1500, cash it, and send back $1200 via Wesern Union. No matter how you dissect this it makes no sense except as a way to cover up a money trail.

Amazing the stuff people try and pull off. Even more amazing is the number of people who fall for it. Be wary friends...

Dave

'MONEY ORDER' 'CASHER'S CHEUQES' and/or 'Western Union' are usually the keywords. Ppl should be more creative!! ;)

...a silver briefcase filled with millions of dollars....NOW THAT I'D SIGN UP FOR!

they say they live in London but their address is in Liverpool?

I live in liverpool myself, very near to that postcode too, and ive never heard of Shannon Art World Inc

I had the scam happen to me last year when I was selling my horses. I figured out what was going on, but still let the guy send me the cashier's check. I then got together with my bank and told them that it was bogus. They then turned it over to the FBI. (The sad part is, these people constantly change their "yahoo" email address and they are very difficult to track down, not to mention they are overseas and the matter has to be turned over to their authorities, who also have a difficult time tracking these people down.)
I received an email from the guy after he knew I had received the cashier's check. I gave him the run around for a couple of days just for the fun of it..He kept telling me that I needed to go to Western Union right away, because he knew that I had received the money. I finally set off the bomb and told him that I had turned his money over to the FBI and strung him along long enough for the FBI to trace his email (I was lying of course LOL). He sent me a nasty email back threatening bodily injury :hertz: :biglaugh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back