resize image on screen

Shinnen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have an image that I want to use as wallpaper on my phone. I've tried changing it's size, but every time I do so, it still appears the same
size on the screen. What am I missing?
Any help is appreciated.
...... john

Look up the screen resolution of your phone model. For example, if your phone has a 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution, you would want to resize the image to fit this resolution.

When you pick a wallpaper image, at least on my Android, before you tap the "Done" button, you should be able to zoom the image and pan it around to select the part of the image you want to have on the display. That's only if the image is larger than the screen, though. I'm not sure what happens if it's smaller, because I've never tried an image that's smaller than the screen.

Look up the screen resolution of your phone model. For example, if your phone has a 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution, you would want to resize the image to fit this resolution.
Hi James,
That worked well. It's actually and old Lumia 710 and the size is 2592x1944. I had to resize it to the right orientation i.e. 2592height x 1942wide, the other way around was too wide.
Thanks again for your help.
.... john
P.S. I use it, because the camera, even though it's only 5 megapixels, takes really nice photos.

When you pick a wallpaper image, at least on my Android, before you tap the "Done" button, you should be able to zoom the image and pan it around to select the part of the image you want to have on the display. That's only if the image is larger than the screen, though. I'm not sure what happens if it's smaller, because I've never tried an image that's smaller than the screen.
Hi wfooshee,
Yes, this phone allows you to resize also, but only to a certain point; so when I resized it to the size of photos it shoots, it worked well.
Thanks,
.... john

Most reactions

New Topics

Back