Resizing Workflow

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Hello, I've been trying to figure out a great way to resize images for the web.

Currently I save everything in photoshop as jpg. I then put all my favorites from the shoot in my favorites folder. I then copy those files into a resized folder. Then I open up a batch resize/watermarking program, this adds a bit of sharpening as well as my watermark and resizes them.

It's a pretty good system I think, I just thing that resizing in photoshop seems to do a better job. The only problem is that photoshop doesn't have a way to apply a watermark as well as batch resize (it screws up for different aspect ratios). I've tried writing actions but they simply don't work consistently.

What's everyone's workflow for posting images to the web? I want to keep something that is easy to use, but doesn't add much time or extra clicks.

I create two actions, one for portrait mode, the other landscape. I dont put any online till all PP is done. Any action you create should work exactly the same each time. H

I create two actions, one for portrait mode, the other landscape. I dont put any online till all PP is done. Any action you create should work exactly the same each time. H

Good idea, well depending on the exact aspect ratio of the image is where it puts the watermark, I found a great new photo program called photoscape... I love it! It's free and has bicubic resizing :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back