Resource recommendations?

jme_cay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone recommend some good resources to study? (books, dvds, websites) I have read a few books, Scott Kelbys "The Photography Book" 1&2, and also Bryan Petersons "Understanding Exposure". I refer back to them frequently. I attended a photography course at the local junior college, and have gone to a few photography workshops. (groupon and living social are great ways to get really good deals on the workshops btw..). I've done internet searches and have gone to the library. The books at the library are pretty outdated though. There's so much information out there, it's overwhelming.
Thanks!

You haven't told us what type of photography you are interested in, as far as the resource recommendations that you are looking for, or are you just looking for "general" photography references. You are right, the Internet can be overwhelming, but part of being able to use the WWW effectively, is being able to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak. I usually find that when I do a search, I can get what I want from the first page that comes back with the URLs listed on it, very seldom do I have to go beyond the first page and almost never do I have to go beyond the second page.

If you can give us some idea of the kind of stuff you are looking for, then you may get some replies that will give you places to start, but you will most likely not get specific responses to "general" requests.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Have a read of the links in my signature. They'll give you a good grounding in photography.

Thanks everyone I will definately check out all of your recommendations. Bazooka, I think I can squeeze that into my budget. It actually sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. :thumbup:. The library here is really small and only has maybe 4 or 5 photography books. One for example was almost like a manual for an older kodak point and shoot with a few tips on shooting in "sports mode" and things like that.. ;) Western Guy, Actually the books and links that have been recommended on here are exactly what I'm looking for. I like nature and animal (horse and wildlife) photography mostly but I also want to do some people photography (seniors, family, kids, babies but NOT weddings.) So info on those would be helpful too.
Thanks again!

Most reactions

Back