Restate My Basic Assumptions

Huminaboz said:
If anyone is nice to you on this forum, then it will generally be either because they liked a picture you took, or because you're a moderator.

Well first off, Hertz is one fine piece of handsome manliness, but that's beside the point :lol: We're nice to to him b/c we like him :) He's sarcastically funny, yet pure genius...seriously he's a genius! And to top it off he has more knowledge on photography than any teacher that I've ever had to pay my ovepriced college tuition too. I've learned more from Hertz than many of my college teachers combined, simply by reading his statements and learning to challenge "my basic assumptions." I don't always agree with him, but I listen to what he's said and try to broaden my knowledge and understanding.
Who gives a crap if he's a mod :lol:

He's not being a *insert choice word here* he's just trying to move you beyond your own thinking...like the avatar thing. Look up Duchamp, you'll see he knows what he's talking about ;)

eromallagadnama said:
Well first off, Hertz is one fine piece of handsome manliness, but that's beside the point :lol: We're nice to to him b/c we like him :) He's sarcastically funny, yet pure genius...seriously he's a genius! And to top it off he has more knowledge on photography than any teacher that I've ever had to pay my ovepriced college tuition too. I've learned more from Hertz than many of my college teachers combined, simply by reading his statements and learning to challenge "my basic assumptions." I don't always agree with him, but I listen to what he's said and try to broaden my knowledge and understanding.
Who gives a crap if he's a mod :lol:

He's not being a *insert choice word here* he's just trying to move you beyond your own thinking...like the avatar thing. Look up Duchamp, you'll see he knows what he's talking about ;)

Well that's hopeful and cool. It's a shame I didn't recieve any advice like that. And I've written essays on Duchamp(Nude Descending a Staircase is awesome). But like, yeah, disagreement on the subject.

Interesting dialogue. I would print those assumptions and look back on them 30 years from now. Photography is a life long journey. Personally there are not a lot of concrete answers. The one thing that I know for sure is: my basic assumptions get shot down daily. I love that part because it helps me advance as an artist.

I like to assume that every one here likes to help. The beauty is varied opinions. Be sure to take it light.

Huminaboz said:
But unfortunately, it appears you think too highly of yourself and I almost completely disagree with you because of this.
And here was me thinking almost exactly the same thing about you.

You post a statement of your 'basic assumptions' which I challenge.
You post your defence, which again I challenge.
What is your problem?
If you don't like being shot down, don't put yourself in the firing line.

And please don't descend to personal insults and attacks. It gives people the distinct impression that you know you are in the wrong but don't want to admit it.

(Of course you knew it was Duchamp all along. You've taken a class. You were just playing with me, weren't you? :lol: )

Most reactions

Back