Retouching Old Photos

webestang64

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thought I'd share some of my retouch work. I really love doing this kind of work. Using CS6 now, I'm self taught starting with PS-5. This example is one of my favorites I have done. I had to start the project in BW, fix everything and then re-color. This photo is from 1970.

Before.....

After.....

I think you did great. I've been messing with some old ones of my own that has gotten damaged over the years.

That is INCREDIBLE! Wow. Truly impressed.

really, really nice work.
I mean really great.

this picture must be pre-1986 because the shirt isn't green but the shade you do have is wrong.
before 1984 the dress shirt with the Class A uniform was a light tan not white as you have,

really, really nice work.
I mean really great.

this picture must be pre-1986 because the shirt isn't green but the shade you do have is wrong.
before 1984 the dress shirt with the Class A uniform was a light tan not white as you have,

Thanks.....my clients tell all the colors they want, but that's good to know for next time.

Amazing! Very impressive:)

I admire your skill. My photoshop work is neophyte at best.

This is really nice work. It sort of reminds me of the similar practice of re-staging old photos from the same exact vantage point in modern times. Which obviously doesn't work for portraits, but still. They are linked in a cool way. Trying to think how somebody might even do both combined.

Great job. I remember when I was a teen I was restoring photos for my family. For fathers day, I restored a photo of my grand mother and print it as a 11 x 14.

Thanks everyone!

Great job. I remember when I was a teen I was restoring photos for my family. For fathers day, I restored a photo of my grand mother and print it as a 11 x 14.

Back in the day I would make a 4x5 copy-neg, print a 11x14, give it to a air-brush artist (I wish I learned that skill) who would do the "retouching". Then I would make another 4x5 copy-neg and print of the final.

Great work! Do you have any tutorials to recommend? Thanks.

Great work! Do you have any tutorials to recommend? Thanks.

Thanks! ....... I'm self taught using Martin Evening's books "Adobe Photoshop (CS6) for Photographers". Also, when I got started I would print very dusty negatives and tear the prints into sections for practice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back