retro nude? NSFW

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
rachelfilmnude.jpg

IMO dust and scratches dont make the retro look. It's the colors.. But nice photo nonetheless. With a larger pic I could retouch it and post my view of retro

Nice pic, I like the soft tones and the models hair and the lamp as well. Was the pic taken from the reflection of a mirror?

I always find your work interesting. I really like this approach. The pose bothers me a bit though... without the arms and neck in view. It almost feels like a "snuff" shot. I LOVE the tones, and the subtle shadow detail is very nice.

-Pete

Really nice shot. I think had her arms and/or hands been shown it would be perfect. Then again, it may be hard to do that and keep it looking original. IDK. But it looks nice, the scratches are a nice effect, but I wouldn't miss them if they weren't there.

her pose is fine...and directly looking to the audience makes it more appealing....very good soft lighting....rather topless.

Sorry, as a big fan of the real thing (so to speak) this one is sorly lacking.....

You have a deasent base but clean off that negitive and loose the water spots and hair, Greyscale with some sepiatone and then add inverted vignetting...then you are closer.

i agree with a little desaturation (try the sepia too though...i am seeing some red in her lips), but i like the dust, and do think a little vignette would help.

other than that i dig it.:thumbup:

...Greyscale with some sepiatone and then add inverted vignetting...then you are closer.

Really? What first made an impression on me is that this image is NATURALLY nearly monochromatic. All nice, warm tones.

I have to ask... closer to what? I presume you mean a successful image. I can only hope you don't mean closer to many other images.

I'd like to hear more thoughts on this.

-Pete

...Greyscale with some sepiatone and then add inverted vignetting...then you are closer.

Really? What first made an impression on me is that this image is NATURALLY nearly monochromatic. All nice, warm tones.

I have to ask... closer to what? I presume you mean a successful image. I can only hope you don't mean closer to many other images.

I'd like to hear more thoughts on this.

-Pete

No....you misunderstood a touch. When people state they are doing Retro photos, the first connection to me is the imagery produced in an attempt to emulate vintage photography.

So to answer your question "closer to what?" Closer to a vintage appearance. The success or failure potential of an image has nothing to do with and was not referenced with my comment.

By vintage this is what I was reffering to as "The real thing (so to Speak)" for lack of a better phrase.

vintagenudephotos sample7 - NSFW Studios Sample Sheet

vintagenudephotos sample6 - NSFW Studios Sample Sheet

vintagenudephotos sample8 - NSFW Studios Sample Sheet

vintagenudephotos samplep4s3 - NSFW photo

wow, all kinds of posts in here. alright, here goes.

harrycat-

fine that you don't like scratches and watermarks . . . sometimes i sympathize, this was actually 120 film i sent through a walgreens lab, the tech raped my film, so thats what i had to work with, and i ended up liking it, and wouldn't have it any other way i don't think.

HoboSyke-

the lamp coupled with the color is what made it me title the post retro . . .i had to describe it somehow right? and i love her hair. the picture was taken from exactly where you would think, straight across from her.

pete-

good to hear from you, glad you commented on my image! and God knows i like to bother you ;) . . . . as you said, shadows, i hold fuji 400h pretty close to my heart.

Battou-

i'm with pete, im not trying to emulate anything, this image is what it is and i only process in a way i find lends to the image, not what lends to a style or genre. LETS NOT GET HUNG UP ON THE WORD "RETRO"

SrBiscuit-

thanks biscquick, still i'm stubborn and really like the tones and saturation i've got here.

Battou-

cool "vintage nude photos", but again, i'm not emulating anything here, i just looked for a title i found most appropriate and landed on retro nude . . . maybe i'll start numbering photos!

again thanks all for the posts!

Most reactions

Back