Retro Sled Dragracing

polymoog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.polymoog.se
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, haven't been on here for ages ... haven't really had time and haven't really been taking any pics ... however the veteran sledding season has begun, and I have a bit more time at home (due to a sudden lack of job ...) so I am looking forward to looking at all the great pics people post on here, and seeing what anyone might make of my efforts ;)

So here are a few pics taken with my new camera, a Nikon D7000 with the stock 18-200 lens - my first real motorsports outing with this camera, so I didn't have high expectations. I did have to can a lot of pics, but I feel that I did learn about the camera as well, so I am looking forward to next weekends event, a hillclimb :)

ske004.jpg

ske019.jpg

ske022.jpg

ske024.jpg

ske032.jpg

ske036.jpg

ske039.jpg

ske040.jpg

ske059.jpg

ske060.jpg

ske010.jpg

ske011.jpg

ske012.jpg

ske013.jpg

ske014.jpg

Edit : what happened to the "click for full size image"?? Now they all look really bad, they all look out of focus :(

Last edited:
If you are looking for feedback, might I be so bold as to suggest that you don't upload so many photos in the one post. Some people find this overwhelming and are not prepared to wade through all of them giving specific comments about each. Anyway here goes.
Firstly these scenes are just SO foreign to me (I live in Australia and have never had snow in any place I have lived here)
I think the second half capture the excitment more than the first half (#14 and #15 ... wow!!)
I think having a bright orange vehicle (???) in the background is a real distraction (same for fluoro orange safety vests)
#5 and 7 are great (imho) - love the composition and placement of the ??? (whatever they are called). Perhaps a little more space left and right to give the jets(??) more "space" to move into (and show the snow spray behind)
#6 You can feel the speed here - great capture
Love the last set - just wish the background was "cleaner"/less cluttered
I hope you had fun ... looks like an absolute blast and a huge adrenalin rush (even for the spectators)
Thanks for sharing - really enjoyed looking at this collection.

Last edited:
Sorry if you thought there were too many, of course I don't expect individual feedback on all of them .. I should have edited the selection, I just C&P the links from a sled forum.
I know the orange crawler was a real pain, it's in everyone's photos ;) Somtimes I do selectively desaturate things like that, also the marshals' vests. 5 & 7 are as off centered towards the direction of travel as I could get within the original image, but thanks, if they are still too centered, I'll bear that in mind for the next shoot :)
Thanks for commenting :)

Great shots, well done

Some nice shots.
Possibly the background issues could have been helped with some slower shutter speeds and panning.

Seeing these makes me wish my Pantera 5000 was running. ( I need a clutch)

Thanks Jaomul :)

Davesnothere : shutter speed was as slow as I dared, slower than that and I usually risk lack of focus on the subject ... (vr was on). I was panning, but these are mostly taken at the start of the runs, so there wasn't as much speed or movement compared to pics taken later in the run. To be honest I should have stood in more places during the day, will have to remember that next time ...

We have 3 arctic cats between us (no veterans tho), good luck in getting a new clutch :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back