Retrofitting Autographic Kodak Jr.?

TimboAA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.thattimguy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was scavenging around my parent's basement over the holidays and I found an old camera..... Probably turning a century old sometime in the near future. The last patent date on it is 1917.

It probably took me a solid 15 minutes of fiddling with it to figure out how it all works and how to get it open but needless to say I'm happy I found it.

From what I know..... 116 Film is no longer made...and was probably discontinued about 25 years ago...so even if I found a roll of it, it would probably be expired anyway. But is there anything that would work or come close in size? I'm curious to see what types of photographs I could produce with this.

nggshow.php

pc274539-small.jpg

Ahh thank you. I have no experience with medium format cameras...just 35mm and digital. Thanks again.

Oh, and does anyone have experience using a camera like this? Tips? tricks for reading the light?

Did you get this camera working, if so, how did you rewind the film for developing, thank you

You don't rewind roll film. Only 35mm film is rewound.

If you can find some 116 spools even expired film off of eBay, you can re-use the backing paper, and but fresh 70mm film which is the same size and just re-roll your own.

That's what I do.

Ilford sells 70mm non-perforated once a year for a special run, it's only made in HP5+ but also you can buy perforated 70mm from MacoDirect in Europe also.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back