Return to Fowlsheugh

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On Friday the sun was shining and I had the day off so I returned to Fowlsheugh to give back button focusing a try and to get more experience shooting BIFs. Saw my first Puffin, although there was just one...and it was sitting in a rather dull position, so hopefully I can get back during May to see if more have turned up to nest. Still working through the shots from Friday, but here are some to look at.

1. Meadow Pipet
Meadow Pipet by Mark Coull, on Flickr

2. Fulmar sitting, these birds don't walk/climb as their legs are too weak, they either sit or fly.
Fulmar by Mark Coull, on Flickr

3. Great Black-Backed Gull, these guys were Huge!!
Great Black-Backed Gull by Mark Coull, on Flickr

4. Fulmar in flight (stiff winged)
Stiff winged Fulmar by Mark Coull, on Flickr

5. Kittiwake
kittiwake close up by Mark Coull, on Flickr

6. Pair of Razorbills
Pair of Razorbills by Mark Coull, on Flickr

7. Gillemot looking at me
The Gillemot stare by Mark Coull, on Flickr

Great set hope to see a black gillemot this summer as well as some northern fulmars and puffins and gannets

Great set hope to see a black gillemot this summer as well as some northern fulmars and puffins and gannets
Thanks Logan, I got a photo of a Puffin and Cormorant/Shag, but they were not as good, but hopefully I'll get better shots next time!

Thanks Logan, I got a photo of a Puffin and Cormorant, but they were not as good, but hopefully I'll get better shots next time!
To me just getting a shot of a puffin is great even if it is not as nice

By the ways what type of fulmar is the one sitting? Do you know?

Thanks Logan, I got a photo of a Puffin and Cormorant, but they were not as good, but hopefully I'll get better shots next time!
To me just getting a shot of a puffin is great even if it is not as nice

It will be going up on my Flickr, as it's a first, but didn't want to post more than 7/8 images on the forums!

Most reactions

Back