Return to Myakka (pic heavy)

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I went down to Myakka River State Park on Sunday and captured a few animals doing their thing. I got lucky with the dear. At one point there were eight of them grazing in the same field. With my telephoto lens I couldn't get a shot of all of them together, they were too spread out.
Many of these shots were at distance and h.h. so there's not a lot of detail nor are they the sharpest.

185-tri-colored-cvt-fn.jpg

242-large-gator-staring-cvt-fn.jpg

270-deers-in-field-cvt-fn.jpg

325-deer-in-field-cvt-fn.jpg

299-GBH-staring-in-marsh-cvt-fn.jpg

355-deer-in-field-cvt-fn.jpg

382-small-gator-head-blk-water-cvt-fn.jpg

416-deer-in-field-cvt-fn.jpg

9 This last guy has some movement blur because he bolted but I kind of like it.
450-gator-bolting-cvt-fn.jpg

Decent varied set.

You must have gators everywhere. I'm glad we don't have them here, play havoc when wading into the water for fishing I should think.

Decent varied set.

You must have gators everywhere. I'm glad we don't have them here, play havoc when wading into the water for fishing I should think.

Thanks, definitely not my best work but decent.
Yep, Florida is Gator country. You can't trust any body of water to not have one in it. Some of the locals feel safe because they think they know them well and they just might, they wade and swim where they are and there's almost never an attack but since I'm a firm believer in statistics that say most people that get killed by them are swimmers I tend to not be as risky as them. Besides, I'm sweet and they would chew on me slowly like I'm teriyaki jerky. :biggrin-93:

Good set......

Thanks, Jeff.

Looks like a fun day. The deer are certainly different from your usual.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back