Reversed Lens or Super Macro

OK here are some of the first macros I did just now. What I did for these was actually an odd process. I took the 80-200mm zoom lens from my 35mm SLR, held it up to my mediocre point-and shoot digital camera, and snapped whatever I could manage. They're not nearly as good as some of the others with better lenses and better cameras, but my film camera isn't with me at the moment, and I didn't feel like waiting till I got it back (or hassling with film). So this is what I could get with a 200mm SLR lens on an 8-24mm (39-117 equivalent) digital camera lens. Images aren't too shabby considering the shabby setup.

Macro1.jpg

Macro2.jpg

Macro3.jpg

ooh, I got bored at a christmas party with all my work mates last night so I started taking photo's of the ash tray... I'll post it here soon. The thing is, I work with a bunch of 30-60 year-olds and they were all looking at me as though I was crazy!!

:salute: It's a good photo tho core_17!!

not very macro...

selfexplanatory! the lid is laying on my leg and i still cant see that color of fabric in my jeans?

lid2mh.jpg

here is mine, not as good as yours (some pearls of an armlet) :
macronb8ee.jpg

it's really funny, but quite uneasy to take pictures that way :?

JonesGal, i get:

"Bad Image Reference
The Image ID specified in the URL does not exist. It was probably deleted, but verify the URL."

when i open the URL. try uploading somewhere else.

andreag5 said:
can anyone tell me why my photos are so dark when i do this, should i be using a tripod bc my flash wont work with no lens? :oops:

What kind of camera are you using? If at all possible, put it on manual mode and set the flash up as a slave and adjust as necessary. That should get rid of the darkness issue. :D

Most reactions

Back