Review of the Nikon D7000

David Dvir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
2dhouse.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A very short while ago, we got our first D7000 from Nikon. I'm pretty impressed with this thing for the most part and think it's a great new addition to the Nikon family. We supplied a review here. We also branched off and discussed a bit about some of the new features it carries like video so forgive me for presenting some of you fellow photogs with a bit of material on video - I sincerely apologize :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video David, thanks for posting that. I watched in all, and liked it.

NICE!
thanks for sharing.

How is it in higher ISOs with regards to noise?

Thanks for sharing. I would buy one of those, but it's out of my price range :)

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I intended on giving as good a demonstration/review of the body as possible :)

Awesome! That was one of the best reviews on the d7000 I've seen.

Thanks a lot, that's really great to hear, we did try and trump some of the other ones we saw ;)

NICE!
thanks for sharing.

How is it in higher ISOs with regards to noise?

Well, I didn't think posting a photo into a video that is MUCH lower resolution would be a fair assessment, so that's why we didn't include any images. I did also create a video ISO test that can be seen here:
There's also a long version which has every third increment in ISO instead of just stops. This however is not still, all I can say is that as far as stills go, I would consider up to ISO 4000 relatively useable and 6400 is really not bad at all. You can search for a stills comparison online in a heartbeat to get 100% crops of images and see for yourself but this video is, in my opinion, a fair comparison to what you can expect at around 100% crops.

Last edited by a moderator:
SO 4000 relatively useable and 6400 is really not bad at all
Damn. now I want it and feel that my d300s ain't good enough :D Amazing though that only few yrs ago I was at ASA 160 and having wonderful time with that - now 1600 isn't good enough :D
I guess I'll wait for d700 update :drool:
Thanks for your feedback

I think one of the problems I have seen/heard in the video mode in someone's else's demo, is that you can hear the audio with the on-board mic, of the lens searching for the correct focus. I find hearing this servo very annoying.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back