What's new

Rice Paddy

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Joined
Dec 11, 2006
Messages
18,743
Reaction score
8,049
Location
Mid-Atlantic US
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another poster reminded me of Chiang Mai.
This was taken about 10 kilometers from the city back in 2006 with a Nikon D70 and an 18-70.
Processed to give a painterly look without going over into real schmaltz.

p800728073-5.jpg
 
Nice mood, rich color. I don't feel pity, but respect. The man has a sense of silent pride surrounding him. It feels like regardless of the conditions and tools he welcomes it, and think he thinks about when he's relaxing.

Great job T, but again I like most of your work lol.
 
As always, we'll most of the time. Great shot, easily feel the strength of the ox, and the ageless farming method. Thanks Ed

BTW which type of Port wine are you into. Sandaman tawny or ruby, I've found to be superb.
 
Last edited:
This one is lovely. There's tension and a dynamic energy in the foreground, and then there's a sort of peaceful stillness in the landscape in the background. It feels timeless.
 
I agree with IByte's comment about respect. Interesting to see how people do things in other parts of the world. Great shot, very honest.
 
I just know that I would like to try walking in that mud...
 
I like the shot, but the processing is a little too yellow for my taste.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom