Ricoh Gii off Ebay

Brooklyn Albertan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I`ve never purchased anything from ebay, but they seem to have some good deals on some lightly used GRii's for about $350.00-$400.00 (w/shipping). Would anyone ever be suspect of an ebay purchase?

Edit: General page links removed (not to specific product)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a superb camera and wildly under-rated. Partners in my "street" bag along with a Fuji X-100T. First, I'd look for a NOS GR II--unicorn-ish but you might get lucky. The metal body is tough but the lens cover/focus mechanism can get damaged by oafish handling along with the teensy latch that restrains the battery. Take your time looking, ask lots of questions and request extra pix if needed. Honest sellers usually don't mind; crooks do. Seems many traded up(?) for the newer 24mp version. Keep in mind it sold for just shy of C$700 new. I find b&w on the older GR II gorgeous. If you get one, consider a few extra $$$ for a Pelican case even stored in a bag. Keep in mind it lacks a VF aside from the LCD on the back. That, however, makes you look like just another goof shooting a phone--a huge advantage on the street.

Attachments

• OldLocoA.jpg
    OldLocoA.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
It's a superb camera and wildly under-rated. Partners in my "street" bag along with a Fuji X-100T. First, I'd look for a NOS GR II--unicorn-ish but you might get lucky. The metal body is tough but the lens cover/focus mechanism can get damaged by oafish handling along with the teensy latch that restrains the battery. Take your time looking, ask lots of questions and request extra pix if needed. Honest sellers usually don't mind; crooks do. Seems many traded up(?) for the newer 24mp version. Keep in mind it sold for just shy of C$700 new. I find b&w on the older GR II gorgeous. If you get one, consider a few extra $$$ for a Pelican case even stored in a bag. Keep in mind it lacks a VF aside from the LCD on the back. That, however, makes you look like just another goof shooting a phone--a huge advantage on the street.
Thanks for the feedback. I think $350-400 used, but in good condition, is a fair, possibly "steal" price. Also a tempting one!

Most reactions

Back