Ring of time

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Early morning walk and I came across this. Handheld in the dark I didn't think it would come out as nice as it did.

it has the effect of being a "living" thing. I cant help but shake the thought of some sort of space object, be it black hole or the like. Really, really like the image. Great eye

I have to agree that I love the symmetry and this shot certainly has a lot of visual interest. I am curious about the use of b&w here though...not saying it's a bad choice at all, but I do find myself wondering what it would have looked like in color.

I have to agree that I love the symmetry and this shot certainly has a lot of visual interest. I am curious about the use of b&w here though...not saying it's a bad choice at all, but I do find myself wondering what it would have looked like in color.

Here you go - ONLY other editing was the conversion to B&W

Ahh...now that's lovely! I know that more often than not the whole b&w thing is more a matter of aesthetics and personal taste, but personally I think the color version here is much nicer. The colors are subtle and soft, but significant. I do agree with UncleSteve that the art work itself does indeed have a very "organic" feel to it and it certainly works well with lighting and the space it's in...one might think it twas all by design (subtle pun intended).

Again, personal choice, but I really like the color shot much better, however in either case, well done!

A wonderful find, Jaime. I like the B&W conversion of this a bit more than the color, but both are successful. I like the B&W because this picture is mostly about shapes and form and symmetry, and the colors are muted, and really do not 'advance' the image over the B&W version of this photo. The bold, simple shapes and symmetry and the precise camera positioning all work quite well in B&W.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back