Ring Shots

The is on top of a piano with the stainglass windows reflection.
07-31-150.jpg

Here is another, but simple shot that I do a lot.
07-22-273.jpg

Wonderful suggestions everyone!! Glad to see all this creativity, I am going to try most of these.

What a great thread. Peanuts, I LOOOOOOVE your wineglass shots....I'll definately be stealing that one.

AmyCol055.jpg

JillDanFin335.jpg

kautz0388.jpg

KrisDav0005.jpg

KrisDav0008.jpg

ShanWed0008.jpg

Here is the one that I have taken recently
My One question is, when is the best time to take the ring photo?

ring2.jpg

With my very limited experience it seems to be most convenient for the couple during the cocktail hour/just before the reception.

Keep the ideas coming :D

I always do the shots while the Bride/Groom are still getting ready. (And then return the rings to the right person.) Sometimes, I take them back during the reception to get a picture with the couple in it, or the cake in the background or something.

Hey, I think I saw it on TPF, but someone had a great picture. At a short depth of field, the ring was in focus and looking through the the ring your see the Couple hugging/kissing in the background.

Rachlynn, that does sound like a good shot, anyone have a example of it.

You guys got so much tips, it would be nice if some of you pros could put up a guide to wedding photography.

Or I could just get a book on that. XD

Yeah, I just like all the fun stuff I can play with at the receptions. I can use cake, favors, flowers, napkins, drinks....

I guess I just always felt it was wrong to make them take off their rings once they were married :lol: I am going to play with them more now though, since you do it...I should be doing it too hahaha. I'm not a copy cat or anything.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back