Rip 'em to shreds!

Simonch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Folks... i think i have ventured out or Noob territory with the camera.... i had some money burning a hole, and bought a 350 D (digital rebel its called in the states) i know, its out of my league... but if i dont spend the money on something, it will be spent on nights out at the pub! so here are a few of the pics i took on my first night out with the new toy, lettuce know what you think, and feel free to rip into them if you think they are rubbish! its the best way to learn :) sorry for posting loads of pics! cheers tho

For your Information, the pictures are of the Harbour in a town called Stonehaven, where i live in Bonnie Scotland!

IMG_0531.jpg

IMG_0503jpg.jpg

IMG_0479jpg.jpg

IMG_0468jpg.jpg

Hi,

The first one misses with me . . . but something tells me there's an interesting picture in there. It may help to either emphasize an attention point or to back up and provide more context for the photo.

I like the last shot. I wish it were a little wider. I'm imagining a village to the left and the right side extending into dark emptiness.

I see your focal length was 18mm, as wide as your lens will go. Have you tried stitching shots together with panorama software? The software is out there, both cheap and free. I've used it to spare spending big bucks on a super wide lens I'd seldom use. Like this . . . http://public.fotki.com/BigHatPix/prints/big-pan.html . . . approximately 140 degree FOV from an 18 mm lens.

Keep shooting. I enjoyed the viewing.

Daryl

The critique forum works best when you post only one image at a time.

FAQ

Number two and three are beautiful. Nice shots! =)

recognised it immediately, I used live there too and have much the same shots but taken with film, I think you need a better lens or maybe a tripod to get better results, but not bad for a start.

One is interesting. I don't know what those things are, but one of those things are real blurry- thusly...

2 appears to be a close up of 3 and 4. Which, I never been there but recognize them are familiar because of #2. Too much black among other problems with composition, and maybe focus/grain/noise/whatever. 3, wow, that's a lot of sky.

The good news is that you haven't wasted your money,... yet. Give it a chance, and with more like these in the future, you may still be able to.

I'd suggest working out with some day time shots and posting in general or landscape. Interesting possibilities, and I'd like to see more of your part of the world.

Most reactions

Back