Ripped Apart - C&C Please

Works well. I hope someone's still feeding the cows.

Great shot, maybe just a tad more contrast :) I feel at home seeing this...stuff like this all around me. I took a photo of an old barn, but still processing it to get the right contrast :) Love it!

I am sure the cows have been fed....lol. I will try and add some contrast, I just don't want to lose the detail on the side of the barn.

good sky, good subject, good run down building. I might have chosen a different foreground though, perhaps wider lens and closer to that fence, let the Z shape lead you to the structure.

good sky, good subject, good run down building. I might have chosen a different foreground though, perhaps wider lens and closer to that fence, let the Z shape lead you to the structure.

I agree with spacefuzz; the foreground is very uninteresting and doesn't bring anything to the image.
The sky is pretty dull and unstructured.

I don't think it's a question of low contrast, if you look at the histogram there is overall contrast, its just that the sky and the foreground are uninteresting and the barn itself is too small in the image to support it compositionally.

Lew

I can agree with that. Let me explain why I didn't, this was shot from a moving car for one. We were going to help people after the tornado's rolled through and I had my camera and was trying to capture the destruction. Also, I don't have a wider lens, lol. So the 50mm was my only option. What are your thoughts about a crop on the foreground? Also, I think this is an image that needs to be viewed larger to see the small details that can't been seen on a small screen or at this image size. Thoughts on that?

I agree with spacefuzz; the foreground is very uninteresting and doesn't bring anything to the image.
The sky is pretty dull and unstructured.

I don't think it's a question of low contrast, if you look at the histogram there is overall contrast, its just that the sky and the foreground are uninteresting and the barn itself is too small in the image to support it compositionally.

Lew

I agree the sky is not the most interesting and neither is the foreground. I will ask the same question about cropping? Do you think a closer crop would correct this?

I agree the sky is not the most interesting and neither is the foreground. I will ask the same question about cropping? Do you think a closer crop would correct this?

No, because the barn itself doesn't seem all that interesting from this angle.

No, because the barn itself doesn't seem all that interesting from this angle.

Fair enough. I disagree, but that is your opinion and we don't all think the same things are interesting.

Most reactions

Back