What's new

River at daybreak

Fox Paw

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
670
Reaction score
0
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Critiques would be welcome.

AguaFriacanyon.jpg
 
IMO...it looks like underexpose, but you have picked a great location/view for your shot.
 
Great angle and location Fox Paw!! Abraxas' edit is really great as it brings the image out and makes it pop. Good work.
 
Thanks for the comments, and thanks very much for the edit, abraxas. Your edit convinces me that I should boost the highlights a bit in the parts that aren't in shadow. I'm not so sure about bringing out the shadow detail. Your taste buds are better than mine, though, so I'm probably wrong. :)
 
I have tried something too. I know it's a little out there, because i used some effects, but i really felt inspired by your image FoxPaw.

foxpawedit.jpg
 
Mersad, I'm glad that it inspired you, and yours is an interesting take on it. It's understandable that you substituted a more interesting sky. I was hoping for some clouds that morning but there were none.

abraxas, my first work-up had lots of shadow detail. I decided to simplify it by taking the shadows down. I'm always interested in how you would see a shot, though. I've learned a lot from your comments and I appreciate them.
 
The comments prompted me to redo it. I still seem to want dark shadows. Thanks for all the help.

AguaFriaCanyonrevisedtwo_MG_7815.jpg
 
Last edited:
The image is very beautiful. I like how the S - water curve leads the view.
 
Thanks very much, ValDR.
 
That looks real sharp! I like the effects you added! :thumbup:

I have tried something too. I know it's a little out there, because i used some effects, but i really felt inspired by your image FoxPaw.

foxpawedit.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom