WNK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_0026-vi.jpg

IMG_00231-vi.jpg

IMG_0016-vi.jpg

Comments & Critiques Always Appreciated!

The first one is by far my favorite. The last photo looks like the water was not really aggressive enough to shoot a long exposure. There is really not a whole lot of turblance in the water to give it that frosted soft look.

Indeed, Chris, it does equal much sharper images... I was thrilled. The first was my favorite as well... I had considered cropping out the branches at the bottom, but then thought that perhaps they were a good addition, since they added a sense of stability and showed off the awesome stabilizing skillz of my new tripod. What do you think?

Lovely! What kind of settings do you use? I am trying to learn how to take better water+tripod pics.

those are really neat. i like them, i like the first one best. 3 is neat too though

Lovely! What kind of settings do you use? I am trying to learn how to take better water+tripod pics.

It was an overcast afternoon, and this part of the river was in the shade. I used the timer on my camera, since I was just using my tiny travel tripod, with which sometimes I have some problems with camera shake, since it's smaller and not quite so stable as my big baby 'pod. Here's the settings:

Focal Length: 18.0mm F-Number: F/22 Exposure Time: 0.25 sec. 1/4 Metering Mode: Multi-segment Compensation: -0.0 ISO Speed: 100 Flash Mode: Off

I like them all, especially the course look of the water in #3.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back