Roatan Diving

Canuk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do we have any other underwater photographers here?
I returned from Roatan and my first time out w/ my new G12 set up.
Posting a couple photos from my dives, looking forward to your C&C, and suggestions on what I can do to improve.

1. Lion Fish

IMG_0626 by Canuk313, on Flickr

2. Turtle

IMG_0453 by Canuk313, on Flickr

3. Fish

IMG_0416 by Canuk313, on Flickr

Thanks in advance.
Also please let me know if I posted this in the wrong section.

Eventually when I get back into diving I would like to take some B&W underwater landscapes ... so I cannot help you much.

FYI: There are some nice shipwrecks here in the Great Lakes.

Yes and no, I keep my underwater excursions to pools :D

I know and I have to get out there sometime. I have family in Kenora and love it out there in the summer time.

So many places to dive and so little time ..... think I need to win the lottery!!!

Good capture of the Basset, they're hard to get a good shot of as they are in constant random motion. Also surprise at you seeing a turtle at Roatan. Been there twice and had not seen any turtles. Nice composition though with the surface.

I used to occasionally borrow or rent a Nikonos V back in the mid 80's.. but never got really serious about underwater photography. Afraid what little I remember wouldn't be much help! I was always to busy trying to pretend I was just another fish!

Nice shot of the basslet... they are lovely! I do have some nice cleaner shrimp shots... but no longer have the negatives, or I would scan them.

Good capture of the Basset, they're hard to get a good shot of as they are in constant random motion. Also surprise at you seeing a turtle at Roatan. Been there twice and had not seen any turtles. Nice composition though with the surface.

There are tons of turtles in Roatan now. The Marine Park has stepped up and put a heavy clamp down on the turtle hunting and illegal fishing. My first trip down there was last year, and there were turtles but not that many. This year there were turtles on practically every dive. That one there couldn't care less what I was doing, I swam quite a long way to get him and got quite close.
The Bassets down there could care less about me taking their picture, they seemed to almost enjoy it, lol. Now the rest of the fishes, they didn't want anything to do with me. :lmao:

IMG_0452 by Canuk313, on Flickr

Last edited:
Wonderful series, the closest I get to this is shooting through glass.

What are you using for strobes? Im planing on geting a g12 setup for the summer.

What are you using for strobes? Im planing on geting a g12 setup for the summer.

Canuk I hope you don't mind me posting a shot in answer to SHaller. I will remove it if you want.

SHaller this is the setup that I use. It is a MT-24 twin flash mounted on a bracket with 19" arms.
_MG_38630.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back