Robert Plant...

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...Would probably like these plants. There's a piece of legislation in my state that may pass which would legalize and tax marijuana. I work for a Non-Profit news source that is going to be running a story on it, so I had to do some 'detective' work and find out a person with plants in their basement.

The guy had a lot of plants down there, but he also had very bright and drastically different WB lights. Some were quite cool that the older plants were maturing under, and the bright, mid life lights were a very warm WB. You can see it much more on the second 2 photos. The first two were under a full spectrum light I believe, and it wasn't competing with anything.

I'm not totally satisfied with the set, but 2 or 3 of the photos will do. Is the multiple WB lights in such close proximity to each other something I would use WB bracketing before (an otherwise untouched feature of my camera). Not really looking for tips on composition, just trying to get some ideas bouncing about the best way to tackle the WB issue. If anyone has any good ideas, or bad ideas, lets shoot the crap about it?

5647748601_2efcc47161_b.jpg

5647748693_8df2589621_b.jpg

5647748833_10202ed903_b.jpg

5647748987_e2590ee6fa_b.jpg

A grow op... A white balance nightmare.

these are beautiful... i wish they were mine

Just a technical note: There is no such thing as 'warm WB' and 'cool WB'. White balance is a process. What you are referring to is color temperature.

Looks like standard snapshots of some type of weed. No story to the pictures.

In Camera Raw or Photoshop CS5, use the White Balance dropper and use the grey part of the white tag on the second photo as your reference. That's the only tip I will give you. If you need another one, you have to send a kilo of that to Manila Philippines. Then will e-mail you the whole workflow.

Looks like standard snapshots of some type of weed. No story to the pictures.

LOOKS LIKE YOU DIDN'T READ THE BOLD PART OF MY POST. If you don't know how to read, I suggest you "read up" on it... Oh wait.

I guess I'll just add you to my ignore list.

Stryker- The second photo was under a different color temp light. I'm not sure if that would help for the warmer colored lights. They were taken in two different "light tents" for different stages of growth. The plants in the last two photos were in a very closely mixed lighting condition. I think what I'll do is set the WB for the back part of the photo where the light is warmer colored, and then do the same for the foreground. Save them as two separate files, and blend them together so it looks natural. Thanks for your help though.

BJ- I wish I had these plants in my basement. That would make life a lot easier. Maybe when I can get my mitts on some eco-friendly solar powered growing lights... :lol:

Most reactions

Back