Robin Egg Blue Convertible!

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wow! This old hippy heart skipped a beat when I came across this today out for my walk. I used to drive those back in the day. :)

Joe

bug.jpg

I swear that's the same colour as my mom's modern Beetle. That one has a lot more personality though.

I swear that's the same colour as my mom's modern Beetle. That one has a lot more personality though.

Maybe they mixed up too much paint. I drove two of them, already beat up, back in the 70s.

Joe

Maybe they mixed up too much paint. I drove two of them, already beat up, back in the 70s.

Back when when people just called it "The Volkswagen" :)

This is one of those shots where I can't figure out the reason I find it pleasing to look at. I like it, but I don't know why. :)

Actually I remember we called them Bleep Bleep and also Bleep Bleepin' Bleep and when we were kicking them we called them Bleepity Bleepin' Bleep Bleep!

Joe

Actually I remember we called them Bleep Bleep and also Bleep Bleepin' Bleep and when we were kicking them we called them Bleepity Bleepin' Bleep Bleep!

Joe
I hate to tell you this, but in a 1970 R&T owner's survey The Beetle had more than twice the percentage reported vehicles with no faults in the first two years than the next highest scoring makes (Porsche and BMW). But of course all cars broke all the time back then :p

Most reactions

Back