What's new

Rock and Half Dome in the Morning Light

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 6, 2009
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
147
Location
Atwater, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken last week...

_MG_1903.jpg

5D, 17-40mm, 2 exposures blended in CS2
 
Nice composition with the rock & mountain, although, it really leaves me wanting to see a wider view, off to the right.

I'm sure if I like the subdued tones or not. I didn't at first, but they are growing on me. They look great on the rocks, but not so much in the trees.

Do you ever make it up to the Canadian side of the border?
 
Nice composition with the rock & mountain, although, it really leaves me wanting to see a wider view, off to the right.

I'm sure if I like the subdued tones or not. I didn't at first, but they are growing on me. They look great on the rocks, but not so much in the trees.

Do you ever make it up to the Canadian side of the border?

Not recently. Last (and only) time I went to Canada was 35 years ago when I was in Boy Scouts.
 
Great shot, I really like this. Composition is good, and I agree with the above statement about the tree's.
 
beautiful, that's a really nice, formal composition.
 
I agree - very nice, and the subdued colors are VERY true to the season - bright green trees would NOT look right with snow still on the rocks.

Hartley
 
The tones are very natural, no pretenses there...
 
WOW... All I got to say other than I need to travel.
 
Never disappointed when I open your threads Mike,

Good Work. :thumbup:​
 
I agree - very nice, and the subdued colors are VERY true to the season - bright green trees would NOT look right with snow still on the rocks.

Hartley

You really wouldn't see the bright trees until the afternoon sun too. ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom