Rock and Roll Poloroids in a scrapbook...

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.livegigshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am preserving a scrapbook which contains 100's of pictures from the Dancehall in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It is a who's who of rock n roll. Kathy(pictured with Jerry Lee Lewis) glued all of them in a scrapbook. I took a few shots, using my 50mm lens, then cropped them... suggestions on how to take shots of the pages?

jll1.jpg

jll.jpg

I snipped these from my face book page, as the file is on another PC.

Last edited:
Any chance that you can scan each page of the scrapbook, then separate each photo from the scanned page?

Your screen name makes me think you are a music lover and as such you want to do the best job possible to copy and preserve this collection of photos.

Now, the solution I am going to offer you is tedious but it is well worth it if the photos are of interest. I spent hours shooting record labels for a collector once upon a time using this very simple set up.

Either build yourself or buy a copy board. A copy board is nothing more than a flat piece of wood on which to lay the piece to be copied with a light on each side at a 45 degree angle. There is also a column of some type to which your camera is attached so that the film plane (sensor today) is parallel to the piece to be copied. A board you buy will allow you to raise or lower the camera to fit the size of the piece to be shot.

Hope that helps. Any question, just post.

Most reactions

Back