Rock quarry in Nebraska...I think?

I am guessing it's a trona, gypsum, bentonite or borate mine. More likely, trona or gypsum.

great b/w conversion, interesting composition, and use of repetition. this is one of those "perfect" images you don't often see.

Thanks! Not sure about what type of operation...I'll take your word for it;)

For a B&W study Id like to see a composition like this....

vrr05v.jpg

I see....interesting. Not a fan if the LHS? I like the shapes and movement on the right as well

The LHS makes the image!! The conveyer machines replicate the incline, providing for repetition in line. The small mound of asphalt mimics the larger mounds, the railroad tracks mimic the retaining wall, which mimics the horizon, leading my eye back to the the machinery and incline.

There is a lot going on here to like, removing elements would destroy that.

Yep...LHS and RHS we used for engineering problems in college....but they come in handy for photo talk as well.

Any image like this is going to have some segments that are interesting, and that would have been worth investigating when you were there - for example the upper left is also interesting on its own. The whole image works as it is, though.

Glad you like it, Ken. Thanks!

Bynx said:
Oh got it. IDUABPTSWO.

Im still working on your acronym, Bynx. Any time u wanna throw put a clue...or maybe this is a mystery that is not supposed to be solved

Very cool lines in this imagE!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back