Rockland Lake - CC

SwissJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ventured out of the concrete jungle for the day, and this is what I came out with. It wasn't easy finding inspiration out here, cause well, I'm a city snob :mrgreen: ...Hopefully it doesn't show too much in the photos.
Please C&C.

4564681664_5cc747749d_o.jpg

Why black&white for the first? What made you decide you wanted to present this without colours? I assume it was a colour photo to begin with and you converted it into b&w? Why?

I like the idea about a frame within the frame, making use of those trunks, but in that case the tiny corner in the upper lefthand side is distracting. And the duck has no more room to swim into (matter of timing).

The second is a bit "non-descript". The sky doesn't offer enough colour gradation, nor does enough "go on" in the sky what with that hint of a vapour trail only.

Yeah, I originally shot #1 in color. When I stumbled upon the shot, I was caught more by the framing and not the color, so I just converted it. The colors just seemed kinda boring to me. Maybe I've been staring at too much gray concrete.
But here's another version in color. This one has a little more swimming room for the duck too.

I like the color one much better! I think. :)

The second one is pretty...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back