Rocky Mountains

1&2, you can see you have pretty darn dirty sensor.
Good lord, you're right! Sensor or CPL filter? Or maybe even lens glass? I'll have to go look now!

ETA: And where did it go from numbers 1 & 2 to 3?! I didn't clean anything out there!

Sensor. 100% positive...well, actually, it's junk on the anti-aliasing filter which is right in front of the actual 'sensor', but yeah, those spots are "SENSOR DUST SPOTS" in common English.

Sensor dust spots become more-visible, and sharper-edged as the lens is stopped down; at f/16 it might look like you salt-and-peppered your sensor if it's really dirty; but at f/4.5, the dust is mostly soft-edgd and almost invisible. At wide f/stops, the spots are often very hard to see.

Ah, that explains it. I went way down today for a change......... f/16 and f/22 on some. I reckon I'll have a go at cleaning it later tonight.

Those are not mountains. If mountains had babies...those mountain babies would have babies that size. ;)

Those are not mountains. If mountains had babies...those mountain babies would have babies that size. ;)
Yeah, I'm constantly being reminded of that by the real mountain people on this site! LOL! But I grew up with everyone saying let's go out to the mountains......... so I'll likely never quit calling them that. And "Mole Hills" in the subject line will usually not get much attention!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back