Rogue August Birch

charlie76

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure why this birch has lost it's leaves already. No other tree around has. The wet area it's growing in may be a factor. The treeline to this open area is 25-30 feet away from this birch, which seems to have gone rogue. You can smell autumn approaching, especially during this cool rainy day earlier this week.

county road birch tree 2.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely shot. We have a walnut tree that has already lost its leaves. However all the other trees around are still in full Green leaf mode.

Silver Birch is my No 1 tree. We are fortunate to have tens of thousands of them near me. B+W works well for them.

Nice image and quite striking in B&W, almost a silver plate look, congrats!

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

Good choice on processing. We have a birch at the corner of our house that's starting to shed a few leaves, but it isn't the only one, several throughout the woods are starting to turn. Here in the south Fall comes in stages. Because spring comes so early, many trees when they hit the really hot, dry days of August and early September just say the heck with it and drop at least part of thier leaves.

Silver Birch is my No 1 tree. We are fortunate to have tens of thousands of them near me. B+W works well for them.

Absolutely BW is awesome for birch trees, especially when they are surrounded by green like in this shot. It gives that natural contrast that is really nice. We have yellow birch trees around here also which have a very unique bark that I've been wondering how it would look in BW

I like it.

It is a reminder that sometimes you just shine where you are planted. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back