Rokkor lens on a Alpha body????

DiskoJoe

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is it possible to use a old rokkor lens on a new Sony alpha body. I was recently gifted a minolta slr with a nice 50mm f1.4 rokkor lens on it. I tried looking on ebay to see if there was some sort of adaptor that could make this possible to use on my alpha 200 but no luck so far. All i could find was converters for the nex but nothing for alpha.

anyone?

If it fit on a Minolta SLR, it should mount to an Alpha, no problem.

No unfortunatly the older rokker or minolta manual focus lenses wont fit on the A-mount used on the AF cameras. The registration distance is also lower on the mf than the af meaning that you cant get a glass free converter. there are some that have done non destructive conversions for the 55mm f1.2 lenses using a chipped adaptor, and if you do a search on www.dyxum.com or look in their mf lens forums you will probably find a great deal of info on it. Not really worth trying unless you really want that lens on an A-mount body though.

tim

Ah...thanks for the correction, my bad.

Thanks tpe. Dont worry about it mike. I didnt think it was possible or at least simple. Just wanted to find out because the glass on the old rokkor lens is really nice and sharp.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back