Rolleicord DBP VB help

You're welcome. Sounds like you've already been shooting film but you might want to look at the Film Photography Project | An Internet Radio Show & On-Line Resource for Film Shooters Worldwide , they have some videos and podcasts.

I haven't seen 220 film much or tried using it. I know people cover the red windows to use film that isn't paper backed in some type cameras, but I don't think I'd try it with the Rollei. I have cameras that the red window seems ready to come loose so putting tape over it would likely rip or damage it; I'd only experiment with covering the window in a camera that is cheap/junky and a dime a dozen.

Unless you talk your mom into letting you keep the Rollei, if you resell it a prospective buyer they'd probably want it in the existing/original condition especially if it's in good shape.

You could stick the film in the fridge to help keep it fresher longer and maybe you'll find another camera eventually to experiment with the 220 film (although when she finds your film in there it might make her sorry she bought those cameras!).

You're welcome. Sounds like you've already been shooting film but you might want to look at the Film Photography Project | An Internet Radio Show & On-Line Resource for Film Shooters Worldwide , they have some videos and podcasts.

I haven't seen 220 film much or tried using it. I know people cover the red windows to use film that isn't paper backed in some type cameras, but I don't think I'd try it with the Rollei. I have cameras that the red window seems ready to come loose so putting tape over it would likely rip or damage it; I'd only experiment with covering the window in a camera that is cheap/junky and a dime a dozen.

Unless you talk your mom into letting you keep the Rollei, if you resell it a prospective buyer they'd probably want it in the existing/original condition especially if it's in good shape.

You could stick the film in the fridge to help keep it fresher longer and maybe you'll find another camera eventually to experiment with the 220 film (although when she finds your film in there it might make her sorry she bought those cameras!).

Ohh thanks for the link and yeah im gonna try it on the seagull. One of my friends is going to buy it so im gonna throw a roll through it. I got an expired roll of 220 to try out.

Glad that's working out for you. Someone already mentioned the Seagulls were more inexpensive cameras so that's probably the better one to experiment with.

To cover the red window I've read that people use either black electrical tape which I haven't tried, or black gaffer's tape, to block light and not expose the film. I found gaffer's tape in a 4 pack of rolls that are much smaller than what they sell for people iike TV cameramen who drag cables all over the place and tape them down and use a lot of tape! (I've seen it done and had to work around them photographing a local teams' games.) I forget how much the 4 packs are, I found them thru Adorama.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back