TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
paulkphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From a recent trip to Romania.

romanianwagon.jpg

I really like the image but for me i think that it would work better if cropped from the top of the rear of the wagon. This would get rid of most of the blown out sky, but still leave some sky. Just my thought. I really like the image though.

I really like the image but for me i think that it would work better if cropped from the top of the rear of the wagon. This would get rid of most of the blown out sky, but still leave some sky. Just my thought. I really like the image though.

Thank you for the reply/comments, Montvm. If only I could control the sky when taking long trips, lol.

Very hard to get any comments on this site, too bad.

I like this photo, but it just sort of seems like its missing something to really make it pop out at you. I agree that the blown out sky is annoying, it kind of leaves a very bright triangle shaped patch in the pic that detracts from the rest of the image. You wouldn't necessarily have to control the sky to change that, perhaps there was another angle you could have taken of the wagon that had a more complimentary background.

BTW, I'm always hesitant to leave C&C if someone doesn't specifically request it, I don't want to go picking nits on someone's photo if they just wanted to share an image they liked. But based on your response it seemed like you wanted C&C...

I like the shot, and I agree about the blown out sky BUT- I also feel if it were cropped out it would ruin the image. As is the sky and surroundings help to convey the wagons size - in my opinion.

I like this photo, but it just sort of seems like its missing something to really make it pop out at you. I agree that the blown out sky is annoying, it kind of leaves a very bright triangle shaped patch in the pic that detracts from the rest of the image. You wouldn't necessarily have to control the sky to change that, perhaps there was another angle you could have taken of the wagon that had a more complimentary background.

Thanks for the comments, Eldrich. I have million excuses for not exploring other angles, but the fact is I didn't think to do so (I'll remeber that next time, thanks again).

BTW, I'm always hesitant to leave C&C if someone doesn't specifically request it, I don't want to go picking nits on someone's photo if they just wanted to share an image they liked. But based on your response it seemed like you wanted C&C...

I completely understand, people can have their feelings hurt very easily with good intentioned criticism (especially when it isn't asked for). I will be sure to ask for it in the future :)

I like the shot, and I agree about the blown out sky BUT- I also feel if it were cropped out it would ruin the image. As is the sky and surroundings help to convey the wagons size - in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, Dagwood56, it is much appreciated.

Most reactions

Back