Roof Details_Outer_Banks

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The white details of this roof stood out against the dark foliage. C&C is always welcome

$Roof_Detail_Outer_Banks.jpg

I'm not sure about the three trunk.

Rick!! :sun: Where have you been? Great to see you posting again! :hug::

Hi Terri!!

Just a lot of personal melt down stuff going on. Some things have worked themselves out, others are still there and probably will be for 7 more years until I can retire. Anyway, the Soap Opera stuff is on a different forum...LOL I just thought I'd throw this up here, take my usual beating <jk> and see who's still around.

Yes, welcome back.

Hi Terri!!

Just a lot of personal melt down stuff going on. Some things have worked themselves out, others are still there and probably will be for 7 more years until I can retire. Anyway, the Soap Opera stuff is on a different forum...LOL I just thought I'd throw this up here, take my usual beating <jk> and see who's still around.

eww...drama! :(

Well, glad to hear some of it has resolved, so you hang in there sweetie, and keep coming back to play with us!! I've missed seeing you around! :)

Thanks Charlie and Terri.
So, Charlie, you don't like my foreground tree? I used that tree and the foreground foliage as a frame to draw attention to the steeple and chimney while still keeping some of the detail of the white rafters. Apparently it just drew attention to the tree...LOL. Thanks for the input.

the tree is a bit imposing I think. also there might be a third interesting roofline shape on that front gable hiding behind it. Nice contrast though. Any chance of getting back?

the tree is a bit imposing I think. also there might be a third interesting roofline shape on that front gable hiding behind it. Nice contrast though. Any chance of getting back?

It was just an all white, open end gable that I felt really distracted from the detail of these two roof top fixtures. I wanted to leave a hint of something continuing beyond the tree, which I attempted to do by exposing the ends of the couple rafters. As far as going back, nah. I'm not a fan of the Outer Banks. I only spent a couple days there with my sons family while they were vacationing. Thanks for the input. I'll just file this one under "swing and a miss" :wink:

The tree trunk is fine by me. Without it, there would be little reason to stop the frame where you did. Looks good to me!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back