Rory and Liam

JonnyVPA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Scranton, PA is my Hometown but im constantly movi
These are 3 shots that i got from my most recent session with 2 boys one is about 1 month old, and the other is i think 3. I'm glad I at least got THESE ..... Liam (3yr old) was not cooperating too well, and Rory (infant) welll.... you know infants.

but anyway heres the photos....... I cant figure out whether i like the Color or B&W on the one of just Rory... so here's both.

Gimme some feedback... I love the stuff!!!

Technical crap: all shot on a Nikon N90s with a Sigma 28-90mm w/ an SB-26 Flash, and shot ON Kodak Portra 160NC.... Very little photoshopping done jsut the desaturation and minor exposure adjustments

Rorydiffusedclr.jpg

Rorydiffusedbw.jpg

roryandliam.jpg

Liam1.jpg

Liam kissing Rory is ever so lovely!

Could it be that Rory is dissolving into the background white ... and more so in the b&w version. I get this feeling! That is why I think I would prefer the colour version so he still has some sort of outline, fading into the white as it may be also there, too.

I like the tongue between Lian-alone-on-the-sofa's little teeth. His t-shirt and top of his head seem a bit blown, though... But the ones you're showing of Liam don't suggest he was uncooperative, but what do we know, eh? ;)

well when i mean uncooperative i mean ... those are 3 out of about 24-26 shots ..... when i'd set Liam up for a photo i had about 3 seconds to shoot the photo before he'd go spastick and jump off the chair and run to his toys.... he was just a little showoff.... it's okay though... i deal with shooting (photographs) kids all the time :)

The first two scare me a little (haha, no offense to either you or the baby), but the second two are really sweet. I agree with LaFoto about the blown-outness, but I love the B/W and graininess anyways. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back