Rose

Trenton Romulox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jeremygrayphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to know what you all think of this shot and what I should do to make this shot better with post-processing, or with a reshoot. Anything is up for critique with this shot, composition, exposure, colors, lighting, sharpness, depth, anything. Please, DO NOT HOLD BACK! Let it all flow out, I am looking to become a good photographer that takes good photos, and every bit of critique I get is one more brick laid on my path towards my goals. Thanks for looking. Technical information is below the image.

Rose:
6jyecyp.jpg

Technical Information:
Nikon D80 equipped with Nikon Nikkor 180mm f/2.8.
Shot @:
ISO 100
1/500
Custom WB
Preset: Soft
Tripod
Lit with flashlight (non-diffused)

Needs more DOF. If the whole thing was razor sharp, than it would be alot better. As is, there's too much bokeh.

I agree with the comments on increasing DOF. I thought the same thing when looking at your other rose shot. I would try f/16. These are really neat though, I like the concept.

So people think this is a shot that would be worth trying again? I just want to make sure the general skeleton of the shot is decent enough to warrant taking another rose from my sister. :p

more along the lines of f/22.

Get the whole thing in focus. the 180mm should handle f/22 well.

Definitely try it again.

great shot but it dosent sit well in the frame for me. I would mabey like to see you pull back a tad or fill the entire frame. Just my 2 cents worth re shooting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back