Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres a picture of a rose from some ones garden:

roses.jpg

what do you think.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments!

Ron Evers: I think that could be one of our monitors, becuase on my monitor it looks fine, I did in fact try raising the brightness level and it started to get blown out/ not the same mood.

cheers

hmm are you by chance using an LCD computer screen and has it been calibrated in any way (and by that I mean with an external hardware based calibrater like a Spyder and not online "free" methods). I ask because the shot also looks very dark to me on my screen. There is certainly a moody feel and the details appear crisp and sharp - but so much is just way too dark - a little more light would be nice

Yeah, LCD sreen. So my monitor might not be calibrated. I don't have spyder or anything unfortunatly. But I haven't done any other calibration. Would someone mind saving it ading a little light and reposting so I could see if it's my screen or not.

Well before PP they were dark, after PP they are pale and yes dark. Not bright red.

-Javin

I like the colors and dark mood. Because it is unusual, i think it is too dramatic to be a monitor issue. You could always make and post a gamma strip that works on your monitor and we'll tell you if it is a calibration issue or not.

rosescopy.jpg

I used photoshop elements 7 and just boosted overall brightness by around +75. I also used the layermask to reduce the effect (around 50%brush) in the top right corner - a little more over the highlights there just to keep them from dominating the shot by being so bright. I tried to be conservative to keep that darker mood, though my own LCD moniter is on the blink and I am using an older CRT one (calibrated, but it seems darker still)

the first one is dark on my screen too, the 2nd one is alot lighter but has a sepia feel with some colour on the rose

Well I replicated yours so mine looks exactly the same on my monitor. Heres my take on it, I still prefer the darker one though, perhaps the darker one could be lightened not so drastically.

roseproper3.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back