Roseate Spoonbills in Flight

stephen.shelley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stephenshelleyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went to Eco Pond in Everglades National Park on Sunday to make my first attempts at some birds in flight shots. I do not do much bird photography but had someone request some bird action shots, specifically a Roseate Spoonbill in flight. Luckily, there were numerous birds at Eco Pond today including about 25 or so Roseate Spoonbills so my chances were good to at least get some attempts at a flying Spoonbill.

I got a few decent shots but my lens was my limiting factor, both not long enough and not high enough quality glass. Most of my equipment is landscape oriented not wildlife/bird oriented. Either way I had a good time and learned alot.

Roseate Landing
_MG_8262.jpg

Roseate on Approach
_MG_8260.jpg

Roseate from Above
_MG_8355.jpg

Wowsers! I've never heard of this guy before, what an interesting, wonderful bird! You did him justice, beautiful shots :)

Pretty good for a Landscape Photographer.
What lens did you use ?

The majority of my lenses are wide angle oriented. The only long lens I have is the kit lens that came with the camera the canon 55-250. I was pushing the limits of its capabilities. With higher quality glass or a longer lens I believe I could have captured more detail in the birds.

Most reactions

Back