Round 2 with Tamron 150-600 G1

Looks like you're getting on with that lens already. They are definatley good fun to shoot with.

Just practice and a desire to improve. Now that I have found Fowlsheugh so close to where I live it will become my go-to practice ground for birds in flight!

Very nice set is that the fulmars in #4

Thanks, yes those are Fulmars. Apparently in the summer the rock faces will be white with them!
Those Fulmars are very pretty i am hoping i will get to see them this summer they do not come to where i am i dont think i think i will have to travel but the ones i would see would be northern Fulmars is that what these Fulmars are do you know?

They are Northern Fulmars and start breeding in May, at the moment the cliffs faces are quite bare with them, but in a month or so time, there will be a sea of white. According to the RSPB website for Fowlsheugh (Scotland) Puffins and Kittiwake will soon start to appear along with the Razorbills.
Ok i am hoping to see some puffins and northern gannets this summer when my whole family mom dad sister since we are heading to the east coast in canada

Looks like you're getting on with that lens already. They are definatley good fun to shoot with.

Just practice and a desire to improve. Now that I have found Fowlsheugh so close to where I live it will become my go-to practice ground for birds in flight!
Yeah the puffins may take a bit of extra practice as i think that they are fast flyers so where you are are the puffins going to be nesting there?

Yeah the puffins may take a bit of extra practice as i think that they are fast flyers so where you are are the puffins going to be nesting there?

From around now until late summer, plan to go up regularly over the next few months for practice and to capture all the species of birds that reside there! Off to Vancouver in 2 weeks and apparently Stanley park has 5 mating pairs of Bald Eagles!

Good Work you are getting on very well with the lens.

From around now until late summer, plan to go up regularly over the next few months for practice and to capture all the species of birds that reside there! Off to Vancouver in 2 weeks and apparently Stanley park has 5 mating pairs of Bald Eagles!
Cool there are lots of cool birds in Vancouver its been years since i was in BC i was to young to be a birder and can not remember anything about BC there are also sometimes golden eagles around vancouver

Aye, puffins are fast. Small little beggars too. Even with a 600mm it'll be difficult to get them big enough in the frame and that's if you can get them in the frame at all when they are in flight. I spent half a day in a boat shooting them and didn't get a single decent in flight shot. Thankfully they do land from time to time.

Wonderful series. I am envious of that lens. I've been wanting either the Sigma or the Tamron for my D7200 but the $ keep scaring me off now that I am in retirement. But seeing images like these just may make me stock up on kraft dinner and take the plunge.

But seeing images like these just may make me stock up on kraft dinner and take the plunge.

Just got one. Loving it... you won't regret it.

Only live once right? Can't take the $ with you :p

But then... my financial advisor hates my photography habit so don't listen to me

Wonderful series. I am envious of that lens. I've been wanting either the Sigma or the Tamron for my D7200 but the $ keep scaring me off now that I am in retirement. But seeing images like these just may make me stock up on kraft dinner and take the plunge.

Thanks Woodsman,

I know what you mean, some of the other zoom lens are well over a grand, but I was fortunate enough to get mine for around £700 and on credit :p

Most reactions

Back