No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this EN
Website
www.lensmeister.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Right here we go.

It does EXACTLY what is says on the tin/advert.

The Red Snapper RS-324 & RSH-12 Head is an exceptional bit of kit.

I ordered on Tuesday night and on Wednesday morning I got a text messages saying the info on the courier and the date of delivery. Thursday morning I got a further text messages telling me the drivers name, and a 1 hour window of delivery. Very good.

The tripod and head came in two separate boxes.

The Head:
Solid. Very solid. Metal and with the screws to hold the ball, control the friction and lock off the pan. There is another control that hold the quick release plate in place.

The quick release plate is sturdy and metal and has a D shaped screw to hold it to the camera with a groove as well to ensure a nice tight fit.

The Tripod:
EPIC. Seriously it extends way above 6 foot and with the head and camera in place you are looking close to seven feet tall.
All three legs have comfortable grips that are both soft to touch and will protect your hands against the cold metal frame.
The metal central column can be inverted to produce a seriously good macro (flowers and insects beware I am coming to photograph you) shots. The tripod to head connection is a little difficult initially to get to grips with but as the kit comes with a Allen key to ensure you can do it and not spend an eternity search the house or DIY shops to find one.
As well as the main long central column Red Snapper supply a much shorter column for any number of reasons.
It is very impressive that you can move the lets to a completely 90 degree angle to the column. Handy maybe for a macro shot when you have a wide space around you or indeed you could have two legs on the floor and the third leg against a wall if needs be.

The Carry Case:
Usually you buy a tripod and the case is a flimsy rubbish freebie or you have to pay extra. This case is free but far from flimsy. The main bag opens to quite a degree which I suspect in windy weather could be an issue, but generally it seems sensible. Inside is a zipped pocket that allows you sore your smaller column part and the Allen key (both these items were stored in there for transit upon delivery)

I intend (weather permitting) to get out this Saturday or Sunday night to test the RS out.

So would I recommend the RS-324 Tripod & RSH-12 Head? I would indeed. I would even recommend Red Snapper overall for service so far. I have heard others have had the RS-284 Tripod & RSH-12 Ball Head and love it and if the quality of this is as good as my RS-324 then I think that Red Snapper are one hell of a top quality company providing a very good quality product.

Most reactions

Back