Rude Raccoon

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I went out to sit on the deck for a bit and get some fresh air. While I sat there, about 5 ft away from the railing/feeder our two resident youngsters came for their nightly raid.
They usually come up over the end of the deck and if they see you sitting there they mill about in the trees or on the ground until we go back inside again.
Tonight not so much lol The bolder one scooted to the feeder and gave me this look... almost eye to eye 5 ft away (I always seem braver behind the camera lol)
and proceeded to munch seeds.
(no they aren't rabid!)

I'm just going to have some seeds, that ok with you lady??

The other little one sat at the other end of the railing and seemed shocked at it's friends rudeness lol

Pretty cool! The second pic looks like he is posing up there for you. Thanks for sharing.

Pesky little varmints they are...........

864973573_yLFBP-XL.jpg

I have a family of 5 living under my shed that are just as brave. The wife feeds the feral cats that hang around and coons love cat food. She's aways running them off with a broom. One night old momma coon was going to stand for being pushed around and stood on her hide legs and stared her down, at which point, the wife retreated...:lol:. Yes coons 1- wifey 0

Last edited:
kundalini said:
Pesky little varmints they are...........

Thanks Parker :)
Lol Kundalini, that looks like a little ball of trouble right there :)

Lol Rick, that's awesome. I too am brave only to a certain extent. I took these shots and excused myself and left them to their raid. I've seen them scrap at the feeder and I definitely don't want to be 5 ft away when they do it :s

The wife is always complaining the coons eat "her" cats food. I tell her that if they are HER feral cats, they are MY feral coons and I say they are welcome ;) Funny thing is, the cats and coons get along just fine. Many nights they are all eatting at the same time. But then again, those cats also befriended my dog:confused:

You two sound like hubby and I lol

The little raccoon in the second picture actually has an injured foot, it is healed but he has a limp, we are pretty sure that Momma got hit by a car :(
Shortly after Momma disappeared this one followed our dog around the house and hung around for the day in the garden. We kinda figured he was coyote meat but he has made it so far.
When he first showed up injured Hubby thought I would want to "save" it lol As much as I would love to have done that I know how much damage these guys can do when they get bigger. We keep an eye out to keep track of them and don't shoo them away. Once in a while we give them a treat, little cat food, left over corn etc... but not often. I don't mind helping them out a bit but def. not into raising them lol and they are doing pretty good!

Very cool pictures. Have you thought about a have a heart trap and having them vaccinated for rabies? Just in case? We did that with our 5 feral cats.

Last edited:
Thanks Brett, actually I hadn't thought of that but will check into it, thanks for suggesting it!

Most reactions

Back