What's new

Ruellia Brittoniana

Ysarex100 94

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,718
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Commonly called Mexican Petunia is the most amazing plant in my garden. I have three of them up front putting on a good show every day. First photo below is a closeup of the flowers. Second photo shows one of the whole plants. Each plant produces more than 100 flowers per day for the entire summer. At the end of each day around 5 pm they drop every single flower. When I head out to the garden the next morning at 6 am a new 100 + flowers are opening up -- every day for 90 plus days. Where do they get the energy to do that!? Oly Pen E-PL9 w/14-42mm

ruellia-1.webp


ruellia.webp
 
Those are really pretty. Nice shots!
 
I like the first shot close up very nice
 
Commonly called Mexican Petunia is the most amazing plant in my garden. I have three of them up front putting on a good show every day. First photo below is a closeup of the flowers. Second photo shows one of the whole plants. Each plant produces more than 100 flowers per day for the entire summer. At the end of each day around 5 pm they drop every single flower. When I head out to the garden the next morning at 6 am a new 100 + flowers are opening up -- every day for 90 plus days. Where do they get the energy to do that!? Oly Pen E-PL9 w/14-42mm

View attachment 290400

View attachment 290399
A really interesting post! I've never known about that variety of petunia.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom