RWBB In The Reeds.

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was going for the reeds because for some odd reason, I really love reeds when there mixed with some greens. just before I took the shoot the Red winged Black Bird landed in the middle.So its now reeds with greens and a touch of Black and Red.Reeds with a twist.:wink:
IMG_2341 by DarkShadow191145, on Flickr

sure why not,I don't do much landscape stuff.It's not about the bird so much or the composition of the bird.

The critter is in the middle, usually not the best spot. I would consider flipping, so the birdie is looking left to right instead. Most humans prefer looking left to right into an image. Then crop from the new left and put the birdie in the rule of thirds spot.

I agree with this and have thought about if I do that then its another bird shot with natures landscape.Maybe Im wrong though,wouldn't before the first time.The way I was looking at it as a landscape nature shot with a bird that just so happen to be in it unintended on my part but the RWBB had other ideas.:wink: Thanks for comments and critique. Toned down the contrast a tad for a softer look on the reeds.

Last edited:
The bird does make the image. Don't know but perhaps you could illuminate those eyes a bit. If so, and you can rearrange composition it could be extraordinary.

Thanks Keyseddie.

I like it but would also move the bird out of the centre. The title alone made me think the bird was the subject.

I like the edit. The bird is more prominent, yet it is quite clear where it is located. The image looks better balanced to me as well.

Great shot, nice edit. Keep on, keepin on. Ed

Most reactions

Back