RX100 vs A6000 in low light. Or something else?

Hey Guys,

To give you an update: from all your input and samples i decided to go for the A6000 with the Sel24F18 'Zeiss' and the Sel1670F4 'Zeiss'.

The latter i use during daytime/normal shooting as a full replacement for what i used to do with the RX100.

The F4 on the 1670 is really borderline slow but the compensation by better the sensor and a cleaner ISO saves the day.
I would say this setup gives me 20-30% better IQ compared to my RX100 during good light/daytime shooting with ISO 1600 max while focal lengths remain almost the same.

On the other hand: its a real camera with a heavy lens that doesnt fit in my pocket anymore so it becomes more of a burden / less natural to always have a camera on you.
The A6000 makes me even more impressed with my RX100 thats for sure.

Early morning, late afternoons or inside shooting: the Sel24f18 crushes the RX100 ofcourse when there isnt bright light. Also no more blowouts with light or white areas.
And i love the fast focuss ofcourse. So im very satisfied with this.

I wish there was a wider, fast lens. The 'Zeiss' 12mm is not a real option at $2k with 2.8.
Get a sony to Leica M mount and look at the Voigtlander M mount lenses very sharp and fast but you will have to manual focus or zone focus which is no problem on the Sony, I use them on my A7

Most reactions

New Topics

Back